School of Materials Science and Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Advanced Technology for Materials Synthesis and Processing
Lin Xu, Professor
Place of Birth：Wuhan, Hubei Date of Birth：1986.04
Address: 122 Luoshi Road, Wuhan, Hubei, China
2004 - 2008 Wuhan University of Technology Materials Physics B.E.
2008 - 2013 Wuhan University of Technology Materials Physics and Chemistry Ph.D
2011 - 2013 Harvard University Materials Physics and Chemistry Joint Ph.D
2013 - 2016 Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellow
2016 - 2017 Nanyang Technological University Postdoctoral Research Fellow
2017 - present Wuhan University of Technology Professor
1. Solid-state batteries, solid-state electrolyte
2. Lithium-ion batteries and sodium-ion batteries
3. Aqueous batteries, zinc-ion batteries
4. Power batteries, large-scale energy storage batteries
The selected papers are as follows:
1. Y. Cheng, J. Shu, L. Xu*, Y. Xia, L. Du, G. Zhang, L. Mai*. Flexible nanowire cathode membrane with gradient interfaces and rapid electron/ion transport channels for solid-state lithium batteries, Advanced Energy Materials, 2021, 2100026.
2. S. Hu, L. Du, G. Zhang, W. Zou, Z. Zhu, L. Xu*, L. Mai. Open-structured nanotubes with three-dimensional ion-accessible pathways for enhanced Li+ conductivity in composite solid electrolytes, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2021, 13, 13183.
3. G. Zhang, J. Shu, L. Xu*, X. Cai, W. Zou, L. Du, S. Hu, L. Mai*. Pancake‑like MOF solid‑state electrolytes with fast ion migration for high‑performance sodium battery, Nano-Micro Letters., 2021, 13, 105.
4. Y. Xia, N. Xu, L. D, Y. Cheng, S. Lei, S. Li, X. Liao, W. Shi, L. Xu*, L. Mai*. Rational design of ion transport paths at the interface of metal–organic framework modified solid electrolyte. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2020, 12, 22930.
5. Q. Liu, Z. Hao, X. Liao, X. Pan, S. Li, L. Xu*, L. Mai. Langmuir-blodgett nanowire devices for in-situ probing of zinc-ion batteries. Small, 2019, 1902141.
6. G. Zhou†, L. Xu†, G. Hu, L. Mai*, Y. Cui*. Nanowires for electrochemical energy storage devices. Chemical Reviews, 2019, 119, 11042.
7. Z. Hao, L. Xu, Q. Liu, W. Yang, X. Liao, J. Meng, X. Hong, L. He, L. Mai*. On-chip Ni–Zn microbattery based on hierarchical ordered porous Ni@Ni(OH)2 microelectrode with ultrafast ion and electron transport kinetics. Advanced Functional Materials, 2019, 29, 1808470.
8. S. Khajehbashi, L. Xu*, G. Zhang, S. Tan, Y. Zhao, L. Wang, J. Li, W. Luo, D. Peng, L. Mai*. High-performance Na−O2 batteries enabled by oriented NaO2 nanowires as discharge products, Nano Letters, 2018, 18, 3934-3942.
9. K. Yu, X. Pan, G. Zhang, X. Liao, X. Zhou, M. Yan, L. Xu*, L. Mai*. Nanowires in energy storage devices: Structures, synthesis, and applications, Advanced Energy Materials, 2018, 1802369.
10. L. Xu, Y. Zhao, K. Owusu, Z. Zhuang, Q. Liu, Z. Wang, Z. Li, L. Mai*. Recent advances in nanowire-biosystem interfaces: From chemical conversion, energy production to electrophysiology, Chem, 2018, 4, 1538-1559.
11. L. Xu, S. Tang, Y. Cheng, K. Wang, J. Liang, C. Liu, Y. Cao*, F. Wei, L. Mai*. Interfaces in solid-state lithium batteries. Joule, 2018, 2, 1991-2015.
12. J. Meng, H. Guo, C. Niu, Y. Zhao, L. Xu*, Q. Li, L. Mai*, Advances in structure and property optimizations of battery electrode materials. Joule, 2017, 1, 522-547.
13. X. Tian, B. Xiao, X. Xu, L. Xu*, Z. Liu, Z. Wang, M. Yan, Q. Wei, and L. Mai*, Vertically stacked holey graphene/polyaniline heterostructures with enhanced energy storage for on-chip micro-supercapacitors. Nano Research, 2016, 9, 1012-1021.
14. C. Niu; X. Liu; J. Meng; L. Xu*; M. Yan; X. Wang; G. Zhang; Z. Liu; X. Xu; L. Mai*. Three dimensional V2O5/NaV6O15 hierarchical heterostructures: Controlled synthesis and synergistic effect investigated by in situ X-ray diffraction. Nano Energy, 2016, 27, 147-156.
15. Y. S. No, L. Xu*, M. N. Mankin, H. G. Park*. Shape-controlled assembly of nanowires for photonic elements, ACS Photonics, 2016, 3, 2285-2290.
16. C. Niu, J. Meng, X. Wang, C. Han, M. Yan, K. Zhao, X. Xu, W. Ren, Y. Zhao, L. Xu*, Q. Zhang, D. Zhao, L. Mai*. General synthesis of complex nanotubes by gradient electrospinning and controlled pyrolysis. Nature Communications, 2015, 6, 7402.
17. X. Xu, M. Yan, X. Tian, C. Yang, M. Shi, Q. Wei, L. Xu*; L. Mai*. In situ investigation of Li and Na ion transport with single nanowire electrochemical devices. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 3879-3884.
18. Z. Cai†, L. Xu†, M. Yan, C. Han, L. He, K. M. Hercule, C. Niu, Z. Yuan, W. Xu, L. Qu, K. Zhao, L. Mai*. Manganese oxide/carbon yolk−shell nanorod anodes for high capacity lithium batteries. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 738-744.
19. L. Xu, Z. Jiang, L. Mai, Q. Qing*. Multiplexed free-standing nanowire transistor bioprobe for intracellular recording: A general fabrication strategy, Nano Letters, 2014, 14, 3602-3607.
20. Q. Qing, Z. Jiang, L. Xu, R. Gao, L. Mai, C. M. Lieber *. Free-standing kinked nanowire transistor probes for targeted intracellular recording in three dimensions. Nature Nanotechnology, 2014, 9, 142-147.
21. L. Xu, Z. Jiang, Q. Qing, L. Mai, Q. Zhang, C. M. Lieber*. Design and synthesis of diverse functional kinked nanowire structures for nanoelectronic bioprobes, Nano Letters, 2013, 13, 746-751.
22. Y. Zhao†, L. Xu†, L. Mai*, C. Han, Q. An, X. Xu, X. Liu, Q. Zhang. Hierarchical mesoporous perovskite La0.5Sr0.5CoO2.91 nanowires with ultrahigh capacity for Li-air batteries, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012, 109 (48), 19569–19574.
23. L. Mai*, L. Xu, C. Han, X. Xu, Y. Luo, S. Zhao, Y. Zhao. Electrospun ultralong hierarchical vanadium oxide nanowires with high performance for lithium ion batteries, Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 4750-4755.
24. L. Mai*, L. Xu, Q. Gao, C. Han, B. Hu, Y. Pi. Single β-AgVO3 nanowire H2S sensor, Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 2604-2608.
1. L. Xu, Y. Xia, L. Mai. Synthesis of ionic conductor/PEO composite solid electrolyte by UV crosslinking method. CN202010003959.6
2. L. Xu, Q. Liu, L. Mai. Nanowire film electrochemical devices and in-situ analysis of transport mechanism during charge and discharge process. CN201910300792.7
3. L. Mai, L. Xu, C. Han. Preparation of hierarchical ultralong vanadium oxide nanowires. CN201010194708.7
4. L. Mai, Y. Dong, L. Xu, C. Han. Fabrication and in situ characterization of single nanowire electrochemical devices. CN201010275021.6
5. L. Mai, Z. Cai, L. Xu, M. Yan. Preparation method and application of one-dimensional manganese oxide/carbon coaxial hollow nanorods. CN201410552768.X
6. L. Mai, C. Han, Q. Gao, L. Xu. Fabrication of single β-AgVO3 nanowire H2S sensor. CN201010184423.5
7. W. Chen, L. Mai, Y. Qi, L. Xu, X. Xiang, Y. Dai, J. Zhou, Q. Zhu. Preparation of LiFePO4 nanorods. CN200510019360.7
8. L. Mai, S. Li, Y. Dong, L. Xu, L. He. Preparation method and application of high-performance sodium vanadyl phosphate symmetrical sodium-ion battery materials. CN201410037623.6
9. L. Mai, C. Yang, X. Tian, X. Xu, L. He, L. Xu. Preparation method and application of pre-lithiated ultrathin V6O13 nanosheets. CN201310732918.0
10. L. Mai, W. Chen, W. Guo, Y. Gu, C. Han, B. Hu, P. Zhang, L. Xu, Y. Dai. A method for monodispersed modification and preferred orientation alignment of vanadium dioxide nanowires. CN200810237425.9
(1) Research Foundation for National Advanced Talents: Nanostructures for electrochemical energy storage materials and devices, 2020-2025.
(2) National Natural Science Foundation of China: Composite solid electrolytes of LLZO mesoporous nanotubes/PEO-TEGDME: Structure control and ionic transport mechanism, 2019-2021.
(3) National 13th Five-Year field fund for equipment pre-research: Study on key materials of fast self-repairing all-solid-state batteries, 2018-2021.
(4) National Key Research and Development Program of China: Novel flexible electronic materials and devices fabricated by femtosecond light field, 2020-2025.
(5) National Key Research and Development Program of China: Research on new materials and devices for high efficiency thermoelectromagnetic all-solid state energy conversion, 2019-2024.
(6) National Natural Science Foundation of China: Surface interface regulation and in-situ mechanism of hierarchical mesoporous nanowire cathode materials for potassium-ion batteries, 2019-2023.
(7) Research Foundation of Foshan Xianhu Laboratory: Flexible photovoltaic power generation, light-emitting and storage multifunctional integrated devices, 2020-2022.