International School of Materials Science and Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Advanced Technology for Materials Synthesis and Processing
Wuhan University of Technology — Lin Xu
Phone：18086407233 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Place of Birth：Wuhan, Hubei Date of Birth：1986.04
Address: 122 Luoshi Road, Wuhan, Hubei, China
2004 - 2008 Wuhan University of Technology Materials Physics B.E.
2008 - 2013 Wuhan University of Technology Materials Physics and Chemistry Ph.D
2011 - 2013 Harvard University Chemistry Joint Ph.D
2017.04-present Wuhan University of Technology Professor (tenure-track)
2016.03-2017.03 Nanyang Technological University Postdoctoral Research Fellow
2013.02-2016.02 Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellow
1. Electrochemical Energy Storage Materials and Devices
2. Electrocatalysis Nanomaterials and Devices
3. Nano-bio Interface
Dr. Lin Xu has published 36 peer-reviewed papers in high-impact journals such as Nature Commun., PNAS, Nano Lett., Nano Energy, etc. His publications have been cited over 2,000 times. One of his papers is selected as Top 0.1% hop papers, and his 7 papers are selected as ESI highly cited papers. His selected papers are as follows:
1. L. Xu, Z. Jiang, Q. Qing, L. Mai, Q. Zhang, C. M. Lieber*. Design and synthesis of diverse functional kinked nanowire structures for nanoelectronic bioprobes, Nano Letters, 2013, 13, 746-751.
2. L. Xu, Z. Jiang, L. Mai, Q. Qing*. Multiplexed free-standing nanowire transistor bioprobe for intracellular recording: A general fabrication strategy, Nano Letters, 2014, 14, 3602-3607.
3. Y. Zhao†, L. Xu†, L. Mai*, C. Han, Q. An, X. Xu, X. Liu, Q. Zhang. Hierarchical mesoporous perovskite La0.5Sr0.5CoO2.91 nanowires with ultrahigh capacity for Li-air batteries, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012, 109 (48), 19569–19574.
4. Z. Cai†; L. Xu†; M. Yan; C. Han; L. He; K. M. Hercule; C. Niu; Z. Yuan, W. Xu, L. Qu; K. Zhao, L. Mai*. Manganese oxide/carbon yolk−shell nanorod anodes for high capacity lithium batteries. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 738-744.
5. L. Mai*, L. Xu, C. Han, X. Xu, Y. Luo, S. Zhao, Y. Zhao. Electrospun ultralong hierarchical vanadium oxide nanowires with high performance for lithium ion batteries, Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 4750-4755.
6. L. Mai*, L. Xu, Q. Gao, C. Han, B. Hu, Y. Pi. Single β-AgVO3 nanowire H2S sensor, Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 2604-2608.
7. C. Niu, J. Meng, X. Wang, C. Han, M. Yan, K. Zhao, X. Xu, W. Ren, Y. Zhao, L. Xu*, Q. Zhang, D. Zhao, L. Mai*. General synthesis of complex nanotubes by gradient electrospinning and controlled pyrolysis. Nature Communications, 2015, 6, 7402.
8. X. Xu, M. Yan, X. Tian, C. Yang, M. Shi, Q. Wei, L. Xu*; L. Mai*. In situ investigation of Li and Na ion transport with single nanowire electrochemical devices. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 3879-3884.
9. X. Tian, B. Xiao, X. Xu, L. Xu*, Z. Liu, Z. Wang, M. Yan, Q. Wei, and L. Mai*, Vertically stacked holey graphene/polyaniline heterostructures with enhanced energy storage for on-chip micro-supercapacitors. Nano Research, 2016, 9, 1012-1021.
10. C. Niu; X. Liu; J. Meng; L. Xu*; M. Yan; X. Wang; G. Zhang; Z. Liu; X. Xu; L. Mai* Three dimensional V2O5/NaV6O15 hierarchical heterostructures: Controlled synthesis and synergistic effect investigated by in situ X-ray diffraction. Nano Energy, 2016, 27, 147-156.
11. Y. S. No, L. Xu*, M. N. Mankin, H. G. Park*. Shape-controlled assembly of nanowires for photonic elements, ACS Photonics, 2016, 3, 2285-2290.
12. L. Mai*, L. Xu, B. Hu, Y. Gu. Improved cycling stability of nanostructured electrode materials enabled by prelithiation, Journal of Materials Research, 2010, 25, 1413-1420.
13. Y. Zhao, J. Yao, L. Xu, M. Mankin, Y. Zhu, H. Wu, L. Mai, Q. Zhang, C. M. Lieber*. Shape-controlled deterministic assembly of nanowires. Nano Letters, 2016, 16, 2644-2650.
14. X. Tian, M. Shi, X. Xu, M. Yan, L. Xu, A. Minhas-Khan, C. Han, L. He, L. Mai*. Arbitrary shape engineerable spiral micropseudocapacitors with ultrahigh energy and power densities. Advanced Materials, 2015, 27, 7476-7482.
15. L. Mai*, X, Tian, X. Xu, L. Chang, L. Xu. Nanowire electrodes for electrochemical energy storage devices. Chemical Reviews, 2014, 114, 11828-11862.
16. S. Li, Y. Dong, L. Xu, X. Xu, L. He, L. Mai*. Effect of carbon matrix dimensions on the electrochemical properties of Na3V2(PO4)3 nanograins for high-performance symmetric sodium-ion batteries. Advanced Materials, 2014, 26, 3545-3553.
17. Q. Qing, Z. Jiang, L. Xu, R. Gao, L. Mai, C. M. Lieber *. Free-standing kinked nanowire transistor probes for targeted intracellular recording in three dimensions. Nature Nanotechnology, 2014, 9, 142-147.
18. M. Yan, F. Wang, C. Han, X. Ma, X. Xu, Q. An, L. Xu, C. Niu, Y. Zhao, X. Tian, P. Hu, H. Wu, L. Mai *. Nanowire templated semihollow bicontinuous graphene scrolls: Designed construction, mechanism, and enhanced energy storage performance. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2013, 135, 18176-18182.
19. L. Mai*, F. Yang, Y. Zhao, X. Xu, L. Xu, Y. Luo. Hierarchical MnMoO4/CoMoO4 heterostructured nanowires with enhanced supercapacitor performance. Nature Communications, 2011, 2, 381.
20. L. Mai*, Y. Dong, L. Xu, C. Han. Single nanowire electrochemical devices. Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 4273-4278.
1. L. Mai, L. Xu, C. Han. Preparation of hierarchical ultralong vanadium oxide nanowires. CN201010194708.7
2. L. Mai, Y. Dong, L. Xu, C. Han. Fabrication and in situ characterization of single nanowire electrochemical devices. CN201010275021.6
3. L. Mai, Z. Cai, L. Xu, M. Yan. Preparation method and application of one-dimensional manganese oxide/carbon coaxial hollow nanorods. CN201410552768.X
4. L. Mai, C. Han, Q. Gao, L. Xu. Fabrication of single β-AgVO3 nanowire H2S sensor. CN201010184423.5
5. W. Chen, L. Mai, Y. Qi, L. Xu, X. Xiang, Y. Dai, J. Zhou, Q. Zhu. Preparation of LiFePO4 nanorods. CN200510019360.7
6. L. Mai, S. Li, Y. Dong, L. Xu, L. He. Preparation method and application of high-performance sodium vanadyl phosphate symmetrical sodium-ion battery materials. CN201410037623.6
7. L. Mai, C. Yang, X. Tian, X. Xu, L. He, L. Xu. Preparation method and application of pre-lithiated ultrathin V6O13 nanosheets. CN201310732918.0
8. H. Liu, L. Xu, M. Cao. Microwave molten salt synthesis for tabular Sr3Ti2O7. CN200610124648.5
9. L. Mai, W. Chen, W. Guo, Y. Gu, C. Han, B. Hu, P. Zhang, L. Xu, Y. Dai. A method for monodispersed modification and preferred orientation alignment of vanadium dioxide nanowires. CN200810237425.9
10. L. Mai, W. Ren, X. Yao, Y. Zhao, L. Xu. Method and application of three-dimensional Na3V2(PO4)3 nanowire network electrode material and preparation. CN201610032400.X
(1) Self-determined and innovative research funds of WUT（2011-YB-01）：Growth and devices of hierarchical nanowires，2011-2012.
(2) National Natural Science Foundation of China（51272197）：The electrocatalysis property and mechanism of LSCO mesoporous nanowires for Li-air battery，2013-2016.
(3) National Natural Science Foundation of China（51072153）：Array construction and Li insertion/extraction property of VOx/polythiophene ultralong coxial nanocables，2011-2013.
(4) National Natural Science Foundation of China（51302203）：Device assembly, Li storage and mechanism of semi-hollow graphene nanoscroll coated VOx nanowires with bi-continuous hybrid structure, 2014-2016.