International School of Materials Science and Engineering
State Key Laboratory of Advanced Technology for Materials Synthesis and Processing
Wuhan University of Technology — Lin Xu
Phone：18086407233 Email: email@example.com
Place of Birth：Wuhan, Hubei Date of Birth：1986.04
Address: 122 Luoshi Road, Wuhan, Hubei, China
2004 - 2008 Wuhan University of Technology Materials Physics B.E.
2008 - 2013 Wuhan University of Technology Materials Physics and Chemistry Ph.D
2011 - 2013 Harvard University Materials Physics and Chemistry Joint Ph.D
2013 - 2016 Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellow
2016 - 2017 Nanyang Technological University Postdoctoral Research Fellow
2017 - present Wuhan University of Technology Professor
1. Electrochemical energy storage nanomaterials
2. Lithium-ion batteries and sodium-ion batteries
3. Solid-state batteries
Prof. Lin Xu has published over 40 peer-reviewed papers in high-impact journals such as Nature Nanotech., Nature Commun., Chem, Joule, PNAS, Chem. Rev., Acc. Chem. Res., Adv. Mater., Nano Lett., etc. His publications have been cited over 3,500 times. His selected papers are as follows:
1. L. Xu, Z. Jiang, Q. Qing, L. Mai, Q. Zhang, C. M. Lieber*. Design and synthesis of diverse functional kinked nanowire structures for nanoelectronic bioprobes, Nano Letters, 2013, 13, 746-751.
2. L. Xu, Z. Jiang, L. Mai, Q. Qing*. Multiplexed free-standing nanowire transistor bioprobe for intracellular recording: A general fabrication strategy, Nano Letters, 2014, 14, 3602-3607.
3. L. Xu, Y. Zhao, K. Owusu, Z. Zhuang, Q. Liu, Z. Wang, Z. Li, L. Mai*. Recent advances in nanowire-biosystem interfaces: From chemical conversion, energy production to electrophysiology, Chem, 2018, 4, 1538-1559.
4. L. Xu, S. Tang, Y. Cheng, K. Wang, J. Liang, C. Liu, Y. Cao*, F. Wei, L. Mai*. Interfaces in solid-state lithium batteries. Joule, 2018, 2, 1991-2015.
5. S. M. Khajehbashi, L. Xu*, G. Zhang, S. Tan, Y. Zhao, L. Wang, J. Li, W. Luo, D. Peng, L. Mai*. High-performance Na−O2 batteries enabled by oriented NaO2 nanowires as discharge products, Nano Letters, 2018, 18, 3934-3942.
6. Y. Zhao†, L. Xu†, L. Mai*, C. Han, Q. An, X. Xu, X. Liu, Q. Zhang. Hierarchical mesoporous perovskite La0.5Sr0.5CoO2.91 nanowires with ultrahigh capacity for Li-air batteries, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012, 109 (48), 19569–19574.
7. Z. Cai†, L. Xu†, M. Yan, C. Han, L. He, K. M. Hercule, C. Niu, Z. Yuan, W. Xu, L. Qu, K. Zhao, L. Mai*. Manganese oxide/carbon yolk−shell nanorod anodes for high capacity lithium batteries. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 738-744.
8. L. Mai*, L. Xu, C. Han, X. Xu, Y. Luo, S. Zhao, Y. Zhao. Electrospun ultralong hierarchical vanadium oxide nanowires with high performance for lithium ion batteries, Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 4750-4755.
9. L. Mai*, L. Xu, Q. Gao, C. Han, B. Hu, Y. Pi. Single β-AgVO3 nanowire H2S sensor, Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 2604-2608.
10. C. Niu, J. Meng, X. Wang, C. Han, M. Yan, K. Zhao, X. Xu, W. Ren, Y. Zhao, L. Xu*, Q. Zhang, D. Zhao, L. Mai*. General synthesis of complex nanotubes by gradient electrospinning and controlled pyrolysis. Nature Communications, 2015, 6, 7402.
11. X. Xu, M. Yan, X. Tian, C. Yang, M. Shi, Q. Wei, L. Xu*; L. Mai*. In situ investigation of Li and Na ion transport with single nanowire electrochemical devices. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 3879-3884.
12. X. Tian, B. Xiao, X. Xu, L. Xu*, Z. Liu, Z. Wang, M. Yan, Q. Wei, and L. Mai*, Vertically stacked holey graphene/polyaniline heterostructures with enhanced energy storage for on-chip micro-supercapacitors. Nano Research, 2016, 9, 1012-1021.
13. C. Niu; X. Liu; J. Meng; L. Xu*; M. Yan; X. Wang; G. Zhang; Z. Liu; X. Xu; L. Mai* Three dimensional V2O5/NaV6O15 hierarchical heterostructures: Controlled synthesis and synergistic effect investigated by in situ X-ray diffraction. Nano Energy, 2016, 27, 147-156.
14. J. Meng, H. Guo, C. Niu, Y. Zhao, L. Xu*, Q. Li, L. Mai*, Advances in structure and property optimizations of battery electrode materials. Joule, 2017, 1, 522-547.
15. Y. S. No, L. Xu*, M. N. Mankin, H. G. Park*. Shape-controlled assembly of nanowires for photonic elements, ACS Photonics, 2016, 3, 2285-2290.
16. K. Yu, X. Pan, G. Zhang, X. Liao, X. Zhou, M. Yan, L. Xu*, L. Mai*. Nanowires in energy storage devices: structures, synthesis, and applications. Advanced Energy Materials, 2018, 1802369.
17. L. Mai, J. Sheng, L. Xu, S. Tan, J. Meng. One-dimensional hetero-nanostructures for rechargeable batteries. Accounts of Chemical Research, 2018, 51, 950−959.
18. L. Mai*, X, Tian, X. Xu, L. Chang, L. Xu. Nanowire electrodes for electrochemical energy storage devices. Chemical Reviews, 2014, 114, 11828-11862.
19. Q. Qing, Z. Jiang, L. Xu, R. Gao, L. Mai, C. M. Lieber *. Free-standing kinked nanowire transistor probes for targeted intracellular recording in three dimensions. Nature Nanotechnology, 2014, 9, 142-147.
20. L. Mai*, Y. Dong, L. Xu, C. Han. Single nanowire electrochemical devices. Nano Letters, 2010, 10, 4273-4278.
1. L. Mai, L. Xu, C. Han. Preparation of hierarchical ultralong vanadium oxide nanowires. CN201010194708.7
2. L. Mai, Y. Dong, L. Xu, C. Han. Fabrication and in situ characterization of single nanowire electrochemical devices. CN201010275021.6
3. L. Mai, Z. Cai, L. Xu, M. Yan. Preparation method and application of one-dimensional manganese oxide/carbon coaxial hollow nanorods. CN201410552768.X
4. L. Mai, C. Han, Q. Gao, L. Xu. Fabrication of single β-AgVO3 nanowire H2S sensor. CN201010184423.5
5. W. Chen, L. Mai, Y. Qi, L. Xu, X. Xiang, Y. Dai, J. Zhou, Q. Zhu. Preparation of LiFePO4 nanorods. CN200510019360.7
6. L. Mai, S. Li, Y. Dong, L. Xu, L. He. Preparation method and application of high-performance sodium vanadyl phosphate symmetrical sodium-ion battery materials. CN201410037623.6
7. L. Mai, C. Yang, X. Tian, X. Xu, L. He, L. Xu. Preparation method and application of pre-lithiated ultrathin V6O13 nanosheets. CN201310732918.0
8. H. Liu, L. Xu, M. Cao. Microwave molten salt synthesis for tabular Sr3Ti2O7. CN200610124648.5
9. L. Mai, W. Chen, W. Guo, Y. Gu, C. Han, B. Hu, P. Zhang, L. Xu, Y. Dai. A method for monodispersed modification and preferred orientation alignment of vanadium dioxide nanowires. CN200810237425.9
10. L. Mai, W. Ren, X. Yao, Y. Zhao, L. Xu. Method and application of three-dimensional Na3V2(PO4)3 nanowire network electrode material and preparation. CN201610032400.X
(1) National Natural Science Foundation of China（51802239）: Composite solid electrolytes of LLZO mesoporous nanotubes/PEO-TEGDME: Structure control and ionic transport mechanism, 2019-2021.
(2) National Natural Science Foundation of China（51832004）: Surface interface regulation and in-situ mechanism of hierarchical mesoporous nanowire cathode materials for potassium-ion batteries, 2019-2023.
(3) Research supporting funds of WUT: Electrochemical energy storage nanomaterials and devices, 2018-2023.
(4) 13th Five-Year Common technology and field fund for equipment pre-research: Study on key materials of fast self-repairing all-solid-state batteries, 2018-2019.
(5) Self-determined and innovative research funds of WUT（2018IVA091）: Synthesis and microstructure regulation of composite solid electrolyte, 2018-2019.
(6) ESI Subject level improvement project of WUT: Research on solid-state energy storage devices, 2018-2019.